bash job control notes
make jobs control silent (no exit messages printed to parent)
Find available package versions:
Install a specific version
- pip install foobar==1.2.3
ssh [-p port] firstname.lastname@example.org "DISPLAY=:0 xwd -root | gzip" | gzip -d | xwud
qemu port redirection
redir flag has been deprecated. Syntax for e.g. ssh redirection is now
-netdev user,id=ether0,hostfwd=tcp:127.0.0.1:2222-:22 -device rtl8139,netdev=ether0
- the syntax has changed (- in redirection)
- you need to give an id
- you need to define the virtual device and use the id
(you'll probably also want -usbdevice tablet to avoid mouse grab issues now)
Problem: You need to send email easily from command line on some server without configuration hassle.
Simple solution: Install Heirloom mailx and use Google SMTP server for outgoing mail.
Using Google SMTP server for outgoing mail with mailx.
sudo apt-get install heirloom-mailx
- Create an app-specific password ->
echo hello there | mailx -v -S smtp=smtp.gmail.com -S from="email@example.com" -S smtp-use-starttls -S smtp-auth=login -S smtp-auth-user="firstname.lastname@example.org" -S smtp-auth-password="YOURAPPKEY" -s "such subject" email@example.com
- Receive email
- update temporary session id handling
- edit collision message wrong
- headers inside code blocks
- add search state to new style indexing
Allow pinning content also to panel on the right + make it float (?)
Tag personal/public nodes somehow in index
Titles via tags?
check two subsequent links on same line
plain text content tagging? special semantics for first line?
- ^post title: [tag(, tag)*]$?
blag node ops: ?goto=str
- tar export
- atom/rss feed
- users, groups, permissions tags
- session pages
- dependent nodes
#todo #public #opus #project
- readline history across errors
- readline multiexp to allow repl ops via readline
- burn some debug data to bytecode when requested, discard it when compiling to C
- library stubs
- check out Jown Cowan's recent SRFIs
#public #project #owl #todo
- wrap message
- screen refresh after switching to delta update on new line at end of buffer
- search is temporary and does not yet work with highlights
- start adding toggleable settings
- buffer backup autosaver (useful for live testing in addition to recovery)
- file locking and pre-write content check
- file open helper
- paren matching logic for "
- track buffer dirtiness via undo
- add +n parameter to jump to a specific line (lynx, lf)
- stop word char match also to some non-word chars (but not all the usual ones)
- add search and replace
which parts of state should be shared across buffers?
- screen size, definitely
- named (copy) buffers?
- search history?
- command history?
After cuts done, check and add movement combinations + add tests:
- c2b -> change 2 words back
- c/foo -> change text up to match
- c$ = C = change to end of line
- c0 = change to beginning of line
- c13G -> change up to line 13
#public #todo #project #led